Wordwoman is not currently reading any books.
I’m 68 years old, female, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since December 21, 2008. My reading interests include classic fiction.
- The Heart of Mid-Lothian finished
- Northanger Abbey finished
- Emma finished
- Wikipedia Tour: Masterpieces of Western Art finished
- This Side of Paradise finished
- The Country of the Pointed Firs finished
- Tao Te Ching finished
- The Secret Agent suspended
- History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Volume 1 suspended
- Jane Austen: Her Life and Letters suspended
- The Bootstrapper's Bible suspended
- Crime and Punishment suspended
- My Antonia suspended
- Anna Karenina suspended
- Moby Dick suspended
The canyon country of southern Utah, including Canyonlands continues to take my breath away time and time again. I hike into a canyon and am convinced that it's the most beautiful place I've ever seen until I enter the next one. The reds, oranges and yellows of the rocks and canyon walls (and many more additional colors as well) and the purple shadows and the way they contrast with the grays and greens of the plant life, the varied hues of the sand and soil and the bright, bright sky blues entertain my eyes. The scents of wild herbs, pines and other trees mingle with the fresh, unpolluted air and the often surprising aroma of water from the myriad of springs, creeks and the occasional thunderstorm. The treat for my ears is the sound of near absolute silence, broken by the sound of my heartbeat and my own breath.
I can't believe that no one else selected Jamie from Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. Tough, tender, manly and sensitive, confident and vulnerable--he's the ultimate man in my book.