grammy is currently reading Anna Karenina.
I’m 69 years old, female, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since February 23, 2008. My reading interests include Christian fiction, science fiction, and murder mysteries.
- Anna Karenina 56% complete
- The Pilgrim's Progress finished
- Wikipedia Tour: The Grand Tour finished
- The Life and Death of Seals finished
- The Woman in White finished
- The Intellectual Devotional II finished
- Robinson Crusoe finished
- The Moonstone finished
- The Four Pools Mystery finished
- Ivan the Fool finished
- War and Peace finished
- Famous Stories Every Child Should Know finished
- Robin Hood finished
- Kaplan SAT Prep Program finished
- Fetching Raymond finished
- The Chessmen of Mars (Barsoom Series Volume 5) finished
- Thuvia, Maid of Mars (Barsoom Series Volume 4) finished
- Warlord of Mars (Barsoom Series Volume 3) finished
- The Gods of Mars (Barsoom Series Volume 2) finished
- A Princess of Mars (Barsoom Series Volume 1) finished
- Secret Adversary finished
- The Hound of the Baskervilles finished
The Night Land finished
The Night Land An interesting science fiction story, considering it was written in 1912, but too long and outdated by todays standards. Greg Bear wrote a new version of this story in 2008 titled "The City at the End of Time." It's interesting to compare the two, written almost 100 years apart. I posted this on 23 April 2010
- The Book of the Shepherd finished
- The Lost World finished
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles finished
- The Adventure of the Speckled Band finished
- Star Soldiers finished
- Journey to the Centre of the Earth finished
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button finished
- Time Traders finished
The Song of Solomon, a book in the Bible.
One of the most deadly bus acccidents on record occured on US Route 11 in Tennessee during the early morning hours of November 24, 1963. A Greyhound Bus, bound for the northeast, failed to negotiate a turn on the road in the mountains road and end up plummeting down a 100 foot drop, overturning several times durng its descent.. There were 38 individuals on the bus when it started out. There were no survivors to the accident, or so it seemed. Only 36 bodies were found at the accident scene. Among the missing was a young mother and her infant child.
The Bible. It tells the truth, warts and all.
Before I even learned to read, "Alice in Wonderland", was my favorite book, and remained so for many years after I could read it myself. I am still a big science fiction fan, so that's probably the beginning of my lifelong love of the genre.
I was baptized (immersed in water) at the age of 12, confirming my decision to accept God's great gift to all who accept it--the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, granting us eternal life.
Like billblock, I would also like to see more sci-fi, especially the hard sci-fi, as opposed to fantasy. I would also be interested in a course on it.
Good clean fun. Keeps one guessing until the last minute.
An interesting science fiction story, considering it was written in 1912, but too long and outdated by todays standards. Greg Bear wrote a new version of this story in 2008 titled "The City at the End of Time." It's interesting to compare the two, written almost 100 years apart.
Become the person God created me to be.
God's love, man's sin, Christ's salvation