isonano is not currently reading any books.
I’m male, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since March 02, 2012. My reading interests include science, philosophy, and ethics.
- Bible: Gospel According to Saint Matthew finished
- Bible: 2nd Book of Moses (Exodus) finished
- The Bootstrapper's Bible finished
- The Souls of Black Folk finished
- Bible: 1st Book of Moses (Genesis) finished
- How to Live on 24 Hours a Day finished
- Bible: 5th Book of Moses (Deuteronomy) finished
- Tao Te Ching finished
- Bible: 3rd Book of Moses(Leviticus) finished
- Common Sense finished
- Art and Craft of the Machine finished
I am really enjoying this collection of thought-provoking essays. However, there is a disappointingly large number of typos and spelling mistakes for a collection of texts with the word "intellectual" in the title. Just a recent example: "This sound familiar to fans of the Star Wars saga, but if Campbell is write, it should apply to thousands of other stories as well".
In understand that in this case, the word "write" could be construed as a play on words, but it's only one of many such mistakes.
I have often refrained from forwarding these essays to friends due to such small details which I feel distract from their intellectual nature.
I only mention this because I sincerely enjoy reading these and would happily recommend them to friends and colleagues.