phanke is currently reading Poem-a-Day Collection.
I’m male, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since April 19, 2010. My reading interests include literary fiction...history...poetry...humor.
- Poem-a-Day Collection 100% complete
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles finished
- White Horse finished
- Featured Poets finished
- Khan Academy Video Course: Biology finished
- Typee finished
- Khan Academy Video Course: Revolutionary and Napoleonic France finished
- Classic Shorts: Eight Stories for Summer finished
- Highway 152 by Sam Shepard finished
- Winesburg, Ohio; a group of tales of Ohio small town life suspended
- The Confidence-Man suspended
For a lifetime i have been trying to puzzle out whether I came from a happy family or an unhappy family.
Long ago I read a wonderfully entertaining novel by Fanny Burney entitled "Camilla." It is probably still wonderfully entertaining. It is certainly not "sexy," although the heroine is perpetually being pursued by aggressive and sometimes subtle males. In the development of English novels it comes between "Tom Jones" and Jane Austin. It is not as slap-happy as Fielding or as fine as Ms. Austin.