spinhead is not currently reading any books.
I’m 53 years old, male, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since January 21, 2009. My reading interests include business, self help, philosophy,psychology, andmanagement.
- The Little Big Things by Tom Peters finished
- Get Cooking finished
- Emeril at the Grill finished
- The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind finished
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin finished
- Good Experience Columns finished
- Art and Craft of the Machine finished
- 100 Ways to Succeed/Make Money finished
- Who is Mark Twain? suspended
- Berlitz DailyLit Spanish Lessons suspended
- Free as in Freedom suspended
- Don Quixote suspended
Some fantastic stuff here; tcomeau, yours managed to stand out and grab my attention, perhaps because I remember the reality and can fill in the other 99,950 words . . .
It was one of those mornings when breakfast wanted to be scotch, from the bottle.
The scent of her perfume preceded her. The door swung against the wall. He lunged for the open drawer.
The stench of cordite battled the roar in his ears for attention.
But not for long.
Tom Peters knows what he's talking about. Occasionally the intensity is a bit much for those of us already on his side, but the information provokes thought and evokes emotion, just as he planned it.