tatianalensky is not currently reading any books.
I’m 41 years old, female, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since December 25, 2008. My reading interests include great stories.
- Dantons Tod finished
- Les Fleurs du Mal finished
- Clarissa Volume 1 finished
- The Secret Agent finished
- Emma finished
- The Republic finished
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn finished
- Utopia finished
- There are Crimes and Crimes finished
- Volpone finished
- King Richard III finished
- Hard Times finished
- Gulliver's Travels finished
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man finished
- The Scarlet Letter finished
- The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus finished
- Jabberwocky finished
- The Red Shoes finished
- The Prince finished
Wuthering Heights finished
Wuthering Heights (even the title is bleak as is the story) When souls are one, but the ambitions are the divide. An unrelenting almost cruel story of true love. Relentlessly tragic, willingly tragic. Loved it. I mean, Vol 1 obviously better than Vol 2. But both are needed to complete the picture. But I think its one of the greatest love stories of all time. I posted this on 20 July 2009
- History of Tom Jones, A Foundling suspended
- Barchester Towers suspended
- The Arabian Nights suspended
- The Confessions of J. J. Rousseau suspended
Ok. Read on here that Joseph Conrad is one of the hated writers. I kind of have to agree. His writing is pretty awesome taken in bits and pieces but his short story "Heart of Darkness" seemed like it was 1236 pages instead of 160 or whatever it was. And I still never really found out about Kurtz. Maybe its just me......
When souls are one, but the ambitions are the divide. An unrelenting almost cruel story of true love. Relentlessly tragic, willingly tragic. Loved it. I mean, Vol 1 obviously better than Vol 2. But both are needed to complete the picture. But I think its one of the greatest love stories of all time.
Best screenplay adaptation of an awesome book? Or maybe not so awesome book.......maybe the film was better than the book? (yeah, thats a tough one, can´t think of one myself, to be honest)
Gothic, thriller, never-know-whats-going-to-happen-next mystery comedy type of book. I think thats also know as a romance novel. So I am definitely expecting a happy end. Oh, and in paperback please. Easily transportable. And shows the wear and tear.