vodkabeforenoon is currently reading The Night Land.
I’m 30 years old, female, from Russian Federation. I’ve been a DailyLit member since August 10, 2011.
- The Night Land 48% complete
- Khan Academy Video Course: Chemistry finished
- A Book of Nonsense finished
- Khan Academy Video Course: Pre-Calculus finished
- Khan Academy Video Course: Probability finished
- Khan Academy Video Course: Trigonometry finished
- The Little Big Things by Tom Peters finished
- Words That Matter from O, The Oprah Magazine finished
- The Intellectual Devotional finished
- 30 Stories in 30 Days finished
- The Bootstrapper's Bible suspended
I also wanted to add one of the quotes: Connecting: Love, Sex, Friendship, and Family
“If you’re telling yourself that you’re the greatest thing since the iPod but deep down inside you believe you are an eight-track player or the ‘chubby girl’ who couldn’t catch a man with a net and a pack of hunting dogs, then you’re heading for more nights alone than a cloistered nun.”
—Phil McGraw, psychologist
No explanation regarding what we should be doing! This sounds more like it is insulting the reader then helping. I thought the point of books written by Oprah is what it would enlighten and explain would you could do to live a better life. I don't know, this whole book has turned me off to anything Oprah.
It seems that every subscription of this book is a quote and it does not go in any depth discussing the quote. What was the point of this book? I find it much more helpful if it discussed the quotes then just give a quote.