June 2009 DailyLit Newsletter
Note from the CEO
Can you identify books with colors in the title (think: Red Badge of Courage); birds in the title (think: The Raven); or where the main character's name is the title (think: Anna Karenina)? Those of you who've been participating in our forums know about those fun mini-challenges. Come play!
Founder and CEO, DailyLit
Classic Shorts: Eight Stories for Summer
We've teamed up with Poets & Writers again to offer for FREE Classic Shorts: Eight Short Stories for Summer. This will launch DailyLit's series of short stories that you can enjoy throughout the year. Breeze through tales by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Edgar Allan Poe, and other master authors. READ FOR FREE.
DailyLit's Big Read: America's Greatest Hits
Be the smartest person at your July 4th barbeque! Join our Big Read of America's Greatest Hits: Inspirational Reads that Define a Nation. From the Declaration of Independence to President Obama's Inaugural Address, these are works that give voice to the American spirit. READ FOR FREE.
Reader Challenge: Classics in 6 Words
Reader "auistinblan" originally suggested this idea, and we loved it so much we thought we'd make it this month's Reader Challenge. Take the biggest, most literary, or most 'important' book you know and summarize it in 6 words—no more, no fewer—and share your micro-masterpieces in our Reader Challenge forum.
New Books on DailyLit
- Mary Higgins Clark: Best-selling author Mary Higgins Clark comes to DailyLit with Where are the Children? This thriller will take you to Cape Cod, a summer paradise that becomes one woman's nightmare. TRY FOR FREE.
- Indulge yourself: Feed your spirit with Chocolate for a Woman's Soul, a best-selling collection of inspirational essays that make for decadent summer reading. TRY FOR FREE.
- Money Money Money: Instant Income can give you tips and ideas to help get you through this recession. Best of all you can TRY FOR FREE.
- Waiting by the phone? Why Hasn't He Called? can help you figure out why the phone isn't ringing. READ FOR FREE.
- More Seth Godin: Marketing guru Seth Godin returns to DailyLit to share how his unique business strategies can help non-profits in Flipping the Funnel: Non-Profit Edition. READ FOR FREE.
Forget your username or password?
We've just made logging in to DailyLit that much easier by enabling "third party identity." You can now use your username and password from Google, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live ID and OpenID, and you'll be all set to go. Read more here.