Quill is currently reading DailyLit's Book Channel.
I’m 71 years old, female, from the United States. I’ve been a DailyLit member since September 21, 2007. My reading interests include literary fiction, graphic comics, biog, andpoetry.
- DailyLit's Book Channel 100% complete
- Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town finished
- Can Such Things Be? finished
- Jacob's Room finished
- Berlitz Essential French Phrases finished
- The Children of the Night finished
- A Tale of Two Cities finished
- Defining Twilight finished
- Between Friends finished
- The Souls of Black Folk finished
- Prufrock and Other Observations finished
- How the Camel got His Hump finished
- The Butterfly that Stamped finished
- Jabberwocky finished
- Masters of Verse finished
- The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano finished
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button finished
- The Sport of the Gods finished
- Louise de la Valliere finished
- The Turmoil finished
- Cabbages and Kings finished
- Bartleby the Scrivener finished
- The Narrative of Sojourner Truth finished
- The Beautiful and Damned finished
- The Diamond Master finished
- Anne of Green Gables suspended
- Women in Love suspended
- Three Lives suspended
- Dear Enemy suspended
- My Lady Nicotine suspended
- A Boy's Will suspended
white peaches, a bull in heat, irritable-nanny goat. (tenwords,right?)
A writer is that rare spirit who values her own opinion.
The Love Song of J alfred Prufock
The women stayed. The trousers frayed.
My absolute favorite was by Johng. I also liked, as #2, rdm41301 and #3, Lectrice.
COMMENT--Johng, please write another story.
COMMENT. So far, my favorites are by Johng, rdm41301 and Lectrice. All three are full of surprises and well written. Johng, I have rarely seen a character so well depicted (the girl writing the poem)--a character well worth knowing.
Didn't I shine and tarnish splendidly.
The book is a metaphor for the descension of hard working well meaning people beaten down by forces strong and invisible.